What is Online Safety?
E-Safety at a simple level means being safe on the internet. Some people also include the safe use of technology in this as well. The pace at which technology is evolving can make it difficult to know what to include when talking about the safe use of the internet.
5 tips to on how to keep children safe online
- Privacy settings- Ensure privacy setting are enabled on children’s devices and apps to give them more protection online.
- Do you know them?- Ensure that children are only accepting friend requests or speaking to people they know and trust.
- Downloading files.- Never let children download files from unknown sources and make sure they ask permission before they try to download something.
- Knowledge- Give children training to ensure they know what to do if they’re being bullied or feel threatened whilst online.
- Speak to someone- Make sure children know who they can talk to about cyber bullying or if they are unsure about something online.
Website and Resources
Please find below a number of links for you to explore Online Safety with your family.