In school we pray in lots of different ways:
- There are regular prayer services in classrooms, led by both staff and pupils.
- All classrooms have prayer areas that include liturgical images, artefacts and prayers.
- Children's own prayers are offered at Mass.
- Time and opportunities are given for personal prayer time (especially during Advent and Lent).
- All assemblies and gatherings in school have a religious and prayer focus for the whole community.
We also work hard to include families in the prayer life of our school. We do this by:
- Encouraging parents and families to attend Masses, assemblies and collective worship.
- Sending prayer bags home containing specific liturgical materials for families to share prayer time together.
At our school, we have a fabulous Chaplaincy Team who contribute to our Catholic Life ethos. These children applied for their position and were chosen to be role models in our faith. The team members are: Keelan, Lamoy, Zayne, Carina, Ameriah, Andrea,Kamil, Lilly, Kornel, Destiny, Joseph, Sara-Maria, Alicia, Carmel and Malachy.
So far this year we have:
- Led voluntary prayer sessions during our break times
- Set up The Stations of the Cross outside in our school grounds
- Encouraged everyone to write a pledge to look after our Common Home
- Proposed plans to develop a Key Stage 2 Prayer area
- Led collective worship for the whole of Key Stage 2
- Monitored our classroom prayer areas
- Organised the shoe box appeal for migrants
- Led the Crowning of Mary procession
- Carried out pupil interviews about child-led collective worship.